Caltex Logo – Caltex is a trademark of Chevron Corporation , which is used in more than 60 countries in Asia, the Middle East and southern Africa, and Germany is still protected . Caltex began in 1936 as California Texas Oil Company , a joint venture of The Texas Company (later Texaco ) and Standard Oil of California (later Chevron ), to the newly acquired oil concessions in Saudi Arabia to market. The company was renamed in 1968 in Caltex Petroleum Corporation. The two parent companies merged in 2001 ChevronTexaco (since 2005: Chevron). Caltex was one of Chevron’s major international brands.
The company operated from the 1960s, a petroleum refinery in Raunheim (Hesse) with a large tank farm, which from the highway A3 was looking too good. This was later confirmed by the RWE Dea acquired. After the plants were out of service longer, the area in 2004 was the Fraport acquired . Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Company since July 2009, Julian Segal.