Dodge Logo – Dodge is a brand of cars American, originally named Dodge Brothers Motor Vehicle Company (1914 – 1927). Chrysler acquired the Dodge company in 1928 which remains part of the Chrysler Group LLC. In 1901, John Francis Dodge and Horace Elgin Dodge moved their factory Brothers Bicycle & Machine Factory to Detroit (Michigan, United States) from Windsor (Ontario, Canada), which built parts for automobiles. Their bearings and other parts were in demand with the early automobile industry and they helped design motor parts for early cars Oldsmobile.
In 1902, the Dodge Brothers joined Henry Ford, who sought help in financing his own automobile company. They helped at the start of the Ford Motor Company as well as manufacturing parts for early Ford, achieving mutual benefit both Ford and the Dodge Brothers. Already in 1913, almost all Ford parts (chassis, suspension, brakes, engines, transmissions, etc..) Were built by Dodge.
In 1914, the Dodge Brothers started their own auto company, which they named the Dodge Brothers Motor Vehicle Company, choosing 50 dealers initially for hundreds of applications, some of which continue today. In that first year, Dodge introduced the “Old Betsy”, a car built to be reliable and long lasting. In that year, Dodge built a total of 249 new cars. In 1917, the Dodge Brothers began building truck engines also in principle to use the Army of the United States during the First World War and the end of the war on a commercial basis.
In 1925, the Dodge Brothers Company was purchased by Dillon, Read & Company for about 148 million U.S. dollars U.S., it is said, was the largest cash transaction in history up to that time. Dillon Read in turn sold to the Company Dodge Chrysler on July 31 of 1928. Dodge also loomed large in the 80 and older with a series of mechanical trading strategies and they increased their models as well as versatility and their security. Chrysler adopted many models such as the Voyager, Neon.