Ducati Logo or Ducati Motor Holding SpA is an Italian motorcycle manufacturer, founded in 1926 in Bologna (Italy) by engineer Antonio Cavalieri Ducati, Carlo Crespi and three of his children, but it was not until 1952 when they designed their first motorcycle. Currently considered one of the biggest names in the field of commercial and recreational motorcycling.
In 1925 a society was founded as a manufacturer of radios and radio engineering in general. In 1935 production moved to Borgo Panigale (near Bologna factory above) where you build a new modern factory and with it, Ducati will start to expand into the international market. During the Second World War, the Borgo Panigale plant was bombed and destroyed, was saved and rebuilt machinery factory. In 1946, taking advantage of Siata (Societa Italiana Auto-Aviatori Tecniche Applicazione) had developed a small auxiliary motor four times, perfect for attaching to bicycles, known as “Cucciolo” (puppy) of 48 cc (39 x 40 mm) which yielded 1 hp at 4500 rpm and had a low, Ducati reaches an agreement with production sharing Siata. Ducati him gain experience in the mechanical sector.
In 1952 Ducati designed their first motorcycle, the “Cruiser”, equipped with electric start, automatic transmission and a 173cc engine, achieving great sales and further strengthening the company in the sector. In 1953 Ducati designed its first motorcycle, the model 98 (98 cc), presented at the Salon of Milan in a less developed version still called “Cavallino”, but later sold to 125cc engines. In 1954 Ducati changed its name to the Ducati Meccanica Spa final, and became the new director Giusepppe Montano. Earlier this year are the two final versions of the Model 98, a sport and other tourism, both with 98 cc engine, four-stroke air-cooled (radiator and oil cooler sport model) and distribution rods. Later, Ducati hired engineer who designed the revolutionary 4-stroke single cylinder engine monoárbol, Dr. Fablio Taglioni, who came from FB Mondial. He also designed the V-twin that carried the 750 SS and Pantah, which is based on current Ducati engine, and introduced the distribution of motor desmodromic, and other projects for the competition, which honors gave Ducati a very major motorcycle and a reputation for beautiful, quality.
During the 70 Ducati focused on the area of motorcycle sports, getting big wins and great fame. After the successful season, Ducati created a commercial version of the one used in the championship, the limited edition 900 SS Mike Hailwood Replica. In 1983 the company was bought by Claudio and Gianfranco Castiglioni, and becomes part of Cagiva Group, which under his leadership would get important victories in the sports motorcycle industry created.