Kimberly-Clark Logo – The Corporation Kimberly-Clark is one of the leading companies in the world in the manufacture of hygiene. Its headquarters are located in Dallas (United States). The company has over 55,000 employees and in 2006 achieved sales of approx. 17,000 million dollars. The company is headed by Thomas J. Falk since 2002. Kimberly-Clark has three global innovation centers in the United States (Wisconsin and Georgia),Colombia (Medellin), and South Korea.
Kimberly-Clark was founded in 1872 by the hand of John Kimberly, Havilah Babcock, Charles Clark and Frank Shattuck in Neenah, Wisconsin (United States) as a manufacturer of paper. In 1914 the company developed a cotton pulp, which was used by the U.S. Army during the First World War as a material for the deer. This product was the basis for the sanitary napkin Kotex for women, to be launched to market in 1920, to be followed in 1924 the Kleenex, the first disposable paper handkerchiefs. From the May 8 of 1929 Kimberly-Clark is listed on the NYSE.
In the year 1950 the company built new plants in Mexico, Germany and United Kingdom. In the 1960’s were created more than 17 subsidiaries abroad. In the decade of the years 1970 Kimberly-Clark began with the production of diapers disposable. In 1991 Kimberly-Clark and The New York Times sold its paper mill, they had shared since 1926. In 1994 Kimberly-Clark acquired VP Schickedanz brand Camelia. In 1995 Kimberly-Clark bought Scott Paper for 9.4 billion dollars.