Metro AG Logo – The Metro AG , the public under the name Metro Group is occurring, one in Dusseldorf -based parent company of several wholesale – and retail companies . The Metro Group employed 258 029 employees as of December 2010 worldwide, of which 94 426 in Germany. With its retail brands, it is now active in 33 countries. Major international competitors of the Metro are Carrefour and Tesco , on the German market, Edeka and Rewe Group .Were at the Metro AG to August 2007, Otto Beisheim with 18.8 percent, the Franz Haniel & Cie. Ltd. with 18.4 percent and the family Schmidt-Ruthenbeck owns 13.0 percent. There was an agreement that the three ‘original owners’ need to stick together more than 50 percent of the shares.

metro logo

metro logo

Early September 2007, the Franz Haniel & Cie. Ltd. announced that it has increased its stake to 15.68 percent to 34.24 percent. At the same time, the family Schmidt-Ruthenbeck has increased its stake to 15.77 percent. Thus, these two shareholders now hold 50.01 percent of the shares. Together with the 18.46 percent of the original shareholders were Otto Beisheim thus 68.47 percent of Metro AG.

The increase of the shares by the other two original shareholders Otto Beisheim however caused to the existing pool contract to get out. In early October 2009 it became known that Otto Beisheim 17 million shares was sold for about € 600 million. He has reduced its share from 18.5 percent to about 13 percent.

metro group logo

metro group logo

metro ag logo

metro ag logo