Palermo Logo – The Unione Sportiva Città di Palermo (in Spanish , Sports Union City Palermo ) is a club football in Italy , the city of Palermo in Sicily . It was founded in 1900 (refounded in 1987 ) and plays in the Serie A . Early history (1898-1947) Original Historical Palermo FBC logo first Anglo-Panormitan Athletic Football Club and alignment, the year 1900.
There is some debate on exactly when the club was founded. Some authorities believe may have been as quickly due to the existence of the documents sent to Joseph Whitaker, English consul at Palermo and at first believed to be president of the club first, about a football team founded Palermo in that year. However, in 1898, the founding date most common and officially declared November 1, 1900, as the Anglo Panormitan Athletic and Football Club. The club is believed to have been founded by Ignatius Majo Pagano, a colleague of young Palermo Whitaker, who had discovered football while in college in London, England where the sport was already popular. The initial staff consists of three Englishmen and 9 natives of Palermo, with Whitaker as honorary president, Eduardo De Garston inauguration as president, and the red and blue colors as original equipment. The first recorded football match played by the team on December 30, 1900, ended in a 5-0 defeat to a team unidentified English amateurs. The first official match, played on April 18, 1901 against Messina Football Club ended in a 3-2 win at Palermo side .