Recycle Logo – The recycling process is a physico-chemical or mechanical change is to submit to a substance or product used as a treatment cycle all or part to obtain a raw material or a new product. It also could be defined as obtaining raw materials from waste, introducing them back into the cycle of life and occurs at the prospect of the exhaustion of natural resources, macro economic and effectively remove waste from humans who do not need.
Recycling is part of the waste strategy of the Three R .
- Reduce , actions to reduce the production of objects that could become waste.
- Reuse , actions that allow reuse a product to give a second life, with the same or a different use.
- Recycle , all the operations of waste collection and processing that allow reintroduction into a cycle of life.
Recycling has three consequences ecological main
- Reduction of waste volume, and therefore the pollution that would cause (some subjects take decades or even centuries in degraded ).
- Preservation of natural resources, as the recycled material is reused.
- Reduced costs associated with the production of new goods, because many times the use of recycled material is a lower cost than virgin material (such as recycled HDPE or corrugated cardboard recycling).