Schlumberger Logo – Schlumberger Limited is the largest multinational company (20 nationalities in the top 50 managers) oil services. It was founded in France under the name “Electric Prospecting Company” in 1926 by two Alsatians, the brothers Conrad and Marcel Schlumberger , through their innovative ideas to detect different rock types by electric conductivity .
The company (105,000 employees worldwide including 1,500 in France) is now installed in the Netherlands Antilles , but its main offices (seats) are located in Houston , Paris and The Hague with an R & D center in Clamart . The group has partnerships with various universities and has created several training centers internal hosting 1200 people / day (500 for the only campus Schlumberger Abu Dhabi ). In 2008, drilling and logging off, about 10% of the workforce is dedicated to geoscience (geologists, geophysicists and reservoir engineers) .
In 2006 , Schlumberger recorded a profit of $ 3.7 billion against 2.2 billion in 2005 , an increase of 68%. Revenues rose over the same period from 34% to $ 19.2 billion. The market capitalization of the company is 74.5 billion at January 31, 2007. Its turnover for the year 2007 is 23.3 billion dollars, an increase of 21% over the previous year mainly due to increased demand for oilfield services 2 . Schlumberger is listed on the Paris Stock Exchange , the New York Stock Exchange , the Amsterdam Stock Exchange and the Zurich Stock Exchange .