Céline Logo – Celine is a ready-to-wear and leather goods women founded in 1945 by Celine Vipiana, mainly known for its handbags. It is affiliated with the “Fashion & Leather Goods” group LVMH – Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton, and is recognizable to the links forming a double “C”, after the existence during its history of various logos. Celine Vipiana, born in 1920, founded with her husband of the late War a children’s shoe store in Paris, shop known as “the shoemaker Children”. Three years later, these are three new stores that are emerging in Paris.
First logo with a red elephant, declined as a thumbnail available for children through the store. It was not until 1960 that the move towards women’s fashion is made with leather accessories, including gloves, bags, or moccasins. First perfume in 1964 with Vent Fou followed two years later a line of accessories with a new emblem: a sulky American. But it was in 1967 that the brand is expanding its range once again with the appearance of a collection of ready-to-wear called “Couture Sportswear”, known for its skirts pants, skirt and blouse sets.
The logo changed again in 1973 with a design inspired by links of chain forming two initial “C” intertwined to form a shield. Three years later, expansion abroad with stores opening in major European capitals, followed by Asia, reaching number 80 in 1987, the date of purchase by Bernard Arnault brand, but it was not until 1996 that Celine enters the LVMH group, just after the entry of the brand to the French Federation of Couture few months before. Today, Celine is more than a hundred outlets worldwide, including 4 in Paris.